Cortland Precision PE+ Crystal Tropic Fly Line
The all-new Precision PE+ Crystal is formulated with a proprietary blend of polyethylene and special copolymers. Built on a nylon monofilament core, the PE+ Crystal's patent-pending crystal-clear jacket is naturally lighter than water, eliminating the need for micro-balloons or other agents to make it float. This results in a smaller diameter floating line with less wind resistance when casting, and less disturbance when the line hits the water.
The hard, ultra-smooth PE+ line jacket finish has a lower coefficient of friction than any production floating line ever built, so it shoots silently through the guides and casts faster and farther than equivalent PVC-coated floating lines.
The tough, new PE+ line jacket is also much more resistant to cuts / abrasion and is fused to the monofilament core with an almost unbreakable bond so nail knots hold securely and there is never any separation of jacket and core. It's high tensile strength virtually eliminates stretch for instantaneous hook sets and incredible sensitivity. The PE+ jacket is also UV stable, will not absorb water, is highly resistant to chemicals -- and won't soften or dissolve when exposed to DEET, gasoline or most other solvents. And, unlike PVC-coated fly lines, they are 100% recyclable.
"Our patent-pending Precision PE+ Crystal lines represent another first in significant breakthroughs in fly-line technology developed by Cortland since we first introduced the world's first PVC-coated fly line in 1953." explained Brian Ward, Cortland's president and CEO. "We're excited because they're also the first new products resulting from this new technology and we look forward to introducing more new lines built on our PE+ technology platform in the future."
The Precision PE+ Crystal lines will be available in Cortland Pro Shops by early October. Offered in WF 6 F - WF 12 F saltwater tapers, they're especially formulated for warm-water use in tropical saltwater environments. The line color is crystal clear. Perfect for Tarpon, Bonefish, Permit and many other saltwater species.
• PVC-Free: The PE+ jacket is formulated with a special, patent-pending polyethylene/co-polymer blend co-developed by Cortland and the Dupont Corporation.
• Casts Faster & Farther: The PE+ jacket's smoother, harder finish and thinner diameter shoots silently through the guides and slices through the air faster and farther than equivalent PVC floating lines.
• Natural Buoyancy: The PE+ jacket is naturally buoyant, so does not require micro-balloons or other agents to make it float, resulting in a smaller diameter for less wind resistance and longer casts.
• Extreme Toughness & Durability: The tough, UV stable PE+ jackets are resistant to cuts and abrasion so the surface doesn't scuff and roughen with extended use. The PE+ jacket won't stretch and crack - and resists UV degradation, DEET, gasoline and other fly line killing chemicals.
• Easy Handling: The PE+ jacket and monofilament core results in an easy-handing low-memory, flexible line with a well-mannered "body" which resists coiling and tangling and shoots smoothly through the guides.
• Low-Vis Finish: All Crystal PE+ lines are crystal clear to reduce line flash in the air and virtually disappear when viewed from underwater.
• Recyclable: Cortland's Crystal PE+ is the only fly line currently manufactured that's 100% recyclable.
Questions about the Cortland Precision PE+ Crystal Tropic Fly Line? Call Us Toll-Free: 877-FLY-DEPT (877-359-3378) 8-5 M-F CST
Cortland Precision Tropic Plus Bonefish Fly Line Sale: $69.00
The Precision Tropic Plus Bonefish is the perfect line for the warm weather fly angler chasing Bonefish in the flats. It has an extremely durable,... Cortland Precision Tropic Plus Redfish Fly Line
The Precision Tropic Plus Redfish is the best warm climate fly line designed for hauling in Redfish. Designed with a shorter front taper that easily... Cortland Precision Little Tunny Fly Line
The Precision Little Tunny ACI (All Conditions Intermediate) is the finest and most widely used “all purpose” intermediate line available.